In 2017 I have set out on a new challenge. My friends helped me build the list:
As a result, here’s my Bucket List. If you subscribe to the site, I’ll write up each one as I achieve it and ping you a line. I don’t know how you subscribe to a blog… I probably did once, but I am in my fifties now.
Sixty Things to do Before I am 60
- Do the 3 Peaks challenge (Snowdon, Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike) in the same week.
- Canoe along the Caledonian Canal in Scotland from one side of the UK to the other.
- Learn to play the guitar enough to be on stage once
- Take a Cookery lesson
- See the meeting of two oceans in Cape Town & climb Tabletop Mountain
- -13. Visit 8 new capital cities in 8 years (8 challenges)
- Plant a tree
- Invest in a wine business
- Blog about 60 things I am thankful for
- Play a round of golf
- Go Ice fishing
somethingsI have never eaten before (I am a poor cook!)
- Do something meaningful to help the homeless
- Find the most charitable way to give £80 and then convince 8 people to give the same.
- Do 60 push-ups in one go
- Learn to say Thank you in 16 Languages
- Visit the Azores
- Have a beer (with anyone that can join me) at Cullen’s Tannery Pub, Near San Francisco
- Find 5 people I haven’t seen for 15 years and arrange a meetup
- Do one thing that will save 60 lives
- Do an overnight hike, staying out in the open
- Inspire 60 young people to make their lives better
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit Havasupai
- Work in a soup kitchen
- Take a Cocktail Masterclass
- Have a dancing lesson
- Write a time capsule letter
- Play and win a game of chess in Washington square park, New York
Black waterrafting in Waitomo (New Zealand)
- Plan my 60th Birthday party
- Take a year off
- Go 30 days without using at a
smart phoneor a tablet
- Attend a traditional Tea ceremony
- Spend one weekend doing whatever Marie enjoys, with Marie.
- Spend one weekend doing whatever Genie wants, with just Genie.
- Spend one weekend doing whatever CJ wants with just CJ.
- Take Genie to France
- Send Barrie Smith a postcard from here
- Paint a picture on canvass
- Take a flying lesson
- Go 30 days without alcohol
- Ride a Ski-doo
- Cycle the Trans Pennine Trail. – ACHIEVED!
- Get my weight down to 13.5 Stone
- Meet the next Monarch
- Meet a world leader from another country
- -60: I am saving these… I haven’t thought of these yet.